Final Cut Pro X

Friday, May 6, 2022

Wildly Resisting Succulence



Dear vulnerably tender spirit of love Sara,

This is #3 of a 6 part succulent "mini series" for you about my writing and creating the book Succulent Wild Woman; Dancing With Your Wonderfull Self.

Here I am at 19, wildly resisting my succulence, even though I didn't really know it at the time. In this photo, I can see my rage and resistance so clearly. I remember refusing to smile, because I didn't want to. I applaud that me who didn't acquiesce to the request to "smile for the camera." I also feel such tenderness for the "me" in this photo.

I was wildly resisting my succulence because I felt traumatized every day by a patriarchal culture that had so severely harmed me- starting in early childhood in my family. It's a miracle I survived.

In 1973, at age 19, I was writing in bright colors in my big black journal about how I dreamed to feel liberated, and to be able to help liberate others, but I had no idea how to do that. So I began asking and exploring.

I began to identify what I felt I needed to live wildly and succulently, and slowly began to create the conditions to live in those ways, in the midst of my experiences of anxiety, poverty, fears, and hiding from my holy purpose.

Continue reading on my Magic Blog to see how resisting my succulence led to my liberation, plus where you can pre-order my brand NEW Succulent Wild Woman book.




















If you wish to stop receiving our emails or change your subscription options, please Manage Your Subscription
Planet SARK, 1288 Columbus Ave, #151, City Of Love, SARK Francisco, CA 94133, US

No comments:

Post a Comment