Final Cut Pro X

Sunday, April 12, 2009

Easter in Paris

Ok, I got lucky and found two more euro's in my pocket. WHEW! I want to write so much but I am sooo tired and we need to be at breakfast at 7:45am. It's about midnight or half past now. Today was much better. I want to write a lot tomorrow, or sometime, about our wonderful students and how proud they made me. Just know your kids are angels. :) The bus tour was lovely, and eveyrone enjoyed their first glimpse of the Eiffel Tower. We had a photo stop there, and there was a demonstration by the Tamils, and the kids were asking what they were doing, so they learned some good lessons about protests and immigration and independence and Sri Lanka....... The guide shared some great historical facts, so everyone got a great basic French history 101 primer. We then drove to Versailles, on the busiest day of the year, on the busiest French weekend of the year, and got squeezed in with thousands of other people with the same idea!

After Versailles and the gardens, we drove on the bus back to Paris. Alec made friends with the bus driver and got to sit next to him downstairs!

We had some free time before dinner. We had to leave our guide because the other group leader left a sleeping student on the bus!! She had to go and find him. We were told where to meet for dinner. When it was meeting time, we were missing 5 students. So far it had all been the other group being late, making us wait, etc. Now it was our turn, but I was more worried than mad! My son was one of the missing students, so I had a doubly scary time. Eventually we found them, three of them were with the other group at the right restaurant chain, different location. I went searching for the other two and found them. Alexis says to tell Mum she got lost...she says with a smile on her face. She also says she loves you!!

I am proud of my art history students- the bus guide was very impressed with their knowledge!

Allie has hurt her finger so I called Mom to get some direction, just to fill her in. That was the first time I have made a phone call from halfway up the Eiffel Tower!

Most everyone went up except Alexis and Allie, so I stayed with them and made the phone calls. Then we went on the boat tour and then we came home. LOTS of stories, lots of pictures....lots of fun, mostly.

Toni wanted to go call parents just now, but I won't let her out at this time of night alone. We really haven't had time to call today. If someone sees this please can you call Toni Bista's mum and tell her Toni will call tomorrow and everything is fine!

I hope you are all well. The kids are fine and having lots of great life, history, art, and travel lessons!!

Time's up again.....,more tomorrow!!

sara

No comments:

Post a Comment