Final Cut Pro X

Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Do we HAVE to come back?!

Hello all...

We have had a lovely day...last day and everyone is sad. We were moved last night because a few people didn't like the other hotel. I think they are much happier at the new hotel. Our kids didn't want to move- but they sure like the new hotel! It is in the suburbs of Paris, and takes a bit longer to get to, but it IS nice. (I can watch BBC News!)

Today we had a late start after a bit of a sleep in. We left for the Musee d'Orsay and then split up. Kim took the kids into the museum, and I went to the Hotel de Ville. I met up with a friend from high school that I haven't seen in over 20 years! It was really exciting to see her.

After lunch, we went to Montmartre and Sacre Coeur. It was as if someone said in a very loud voice, with a megaphone...."LET THE SHOPPING BEGIN!" We had fun, and some of the kids had caricatures and portraits done in the Place du Tertres. We went in the Basilica of Sacre Coeur, and enjoyed the view of Paris from up on the hill of Montmartre.

We then went back on the metro to meet Guylaine for dinner, which was Cordon Bleu and ratatouille, and ice cream.

They are all out right now getting more.....FOOD! (Sadly, they discovered a McDonalds near the hotel!)

They are all sad about going back. Alexis wants to move here or go to college here. Many have said they will be back. Chelsea made me tear up in the Louvre yesterday when she said that the paintings were all so beautiful that they made her want to cry!!

Parents, I would love to get your feedback on the trip when you have had some time to digest everything that your child has to tell you! Hopefully she has lots of pictures and stories (good and bad, I am sure!) as well as souvenirs.

We have to be in the hotel lobby at 8:20 tomorrow morning. The bus will take us to the airport and we will begin our trip back home.

I will be contacting kids and parents soon to ask for photo contributions so I can make a video for you all. I WILL be posting video short clips and pictures in the next few days after we return, so keep checking in!!

Thanks again for allowing your children to travel with me. They were beyond wonderful. Thank you TONS to Kim Malinowski who is AMAZING and one of my very favorite travel buddies! <3

Love and hugs from Paris...one last time....(SNIFF, she wipes her brow...)

See you in Raleigh. Please call if you need anything. You should have my cell.

Sara

No comments:

Post a Comment