Final Cut Pro X

Friday, June 19, 2009

Charlotte USO

If you are military connected in any way the USO is an awesome place in an airport! We are at the Charlotte Douglas Airport in the USO after an uneventful flight this morning- the BEST kind of flight! The USO is awesome. Imagine walking into a dark, secluded, low light, windowless club. We are in the kiddie area, which is carpeted, has a tv and movies, books, toys, cots, rocking chairs, and a table and coloring books. There is a sign on the wall- no kidding!- that says "Please feel free to take any book or toy that your child is reading or playing with." There is a row of nice recliners where you can sleep and put in a wake up call. There is lots of food -all free- and free wifi access. There is a playstation/x-box room, a computer room and a tv lounge with recliners. This is a little slice of heaven, especially when we have to wait until 6:00 for our flight and it is 1:20 now!





I had three hours of sleep last night. I am so sleepy sitting here in this nice little space. We are the only ones in the kiddie room, Cameron is watching a movie. I was up late last night/this morning finishing up a present for my parent's 50th wedding anniversary. Sophie called at 6am to say she arrived safely. My parents are at my sister's house. When we get there tomorrow we will all be driving to the cottage in Dorset that we are renting for a week. Pictures above- looks gorgeous doesn't it? I am very excited. I also plan to work on my spiral pictures. I have quite a collection of spiral photographs, and I would love to do a book some day. One day......

Oh yes- forgot to mention that the pilot let Cameron into the cockpit this morning and let him press all the buttons! I got a pic on my phone. it was adorable!!

No comments:

Post a Comment